Mesothelioma Compensation Claims
If you have been diagnosed with Mesothelioma in the past 3 years, give us a call or request a callback! Asbestos Advice Helpline are known for our success at handling mesothelioma compensation claims and we can help you claim what is rightfully yours on a No Win No Fee basis!
Asbestos was widely used in the UK in the 1960’s, 70’s and early 80’s and exposure to this deadly material can cause the onset of diseases including mesothelioma. A diagnosis can bring about a difficult time, both mentally and financially and it’s important to know that we are here to help.
If you make the decision to proceed with a mesothelioma claim against a former or current employer, we can ensure you will receive a sympathetic and specialist service from Asbestos Advice Helpline.
Why Choose Us To Handle Your Mesothelioma Claim?
- Our experienced Mesothelioma solicitors will visit you at your house, should your case be accepted.
- We have completed many successful cases. See our recent successes.
- Our service is free for all of those who are accepted, on a No Win, No Fee basis.
- We have a team of Mesothelioma solicitors up and down the country who have up to 25 years experience dealing with mesothelioma claims.
- Meetings will be conducted in a sympathetic and understanding manner for you and your problems.
- We are here to offer advice and support to you and your family throughout the claim process.
Recent Successful Mesothelioma Claims Include
- £257,000 Awarded To Mr R, A Distribution Fitter For North Eastern Gas Board
- £260,000 Awarded To Mrs H, The Widow Of A Brake Line Fitter
- £200,000 Awarded To Mrs K, The Widow Of A Commercial Electrician
- £175,000 Awarded To Mr H, A Rummage Officer For HM Customs & Excise
- £145,000 Awarded To Mrs P, The Widow Of An Area Salesman For A Construction Company
- £124,000 Awarded To Mr G, A Bricklayer
Mesothelioma is a type of cancer which is caused by the exposure and inhalation of asbestos fibres. Malignant cells develop in the mesothelium, which is a protective lining that covers some of the body’s internal organs. It most commonly occurs in the pleura (the outer lining of the lungs and internal chest wall) but can also occur in the heart, the pericardium (the sac surrounding the heart) or in the peritoneum (the abdominal cavity lining).
The majority of people who develop mesothelioma are those who have worked in jobs where they have been exposed to asbestos over a period of time. It can also occur when asbestos dust and fibres are inhaled in other ways, such as handling the clothes of those who have been exposed and being in areas where asbestos is disturbed.
The symptoms of mesothelioma include:
- Pleural Effusions
- Chest Pain
- A Chronic Cough
- Weight Loss
- Fluid In The Area Around The Lung
- Excessive Sweating
- Swelling Of The Face & Arms
- Trouble Swallowing
Whilst many of these symptoms are regularly associated with other diseases and conditions, most people with mesothelioma will have a number of the above for a few months prior to diagnosis.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms and have yet to be diagnosed with mesothelioma, we recommend you visit your GP as soon as possible who will discuss your symptoms with you in greater depth.
The usual process for the diagnosis of mesothelioma includes:
A Chest X-Ray / CT Scan
Diagnosis of mesothelioma is made firstly by a chest X-ray or CT scan and further confirmed with a biopsy and examination of the tissue. By undergoing a thoracoscopy (the insertion of a tube with a camera into the chest) a biopsy can be taken. Fluid is drained and pleurodesis is performed which can also allow the introduction to halt the accumulation of fluid which presses against the lung.
The treatment options following a mesothelioma diagnosis depends upon:
- Stage Of The Cancer
- Size Of The Tumour
- Whether Or Not Surgery Is An Option
- The Amount Of Fluid On The Chest
- The Patient’s Age
- The Patient’s General Health
- The Patient’s Activity Levels
- The Type Of Mesothelioma
- The Number Of White Blood Cells
- First Diagnosis Or Recurrence
- The Patient’s Gender
Common treatments for mesothelioma include:
- Stage Of The Cancer
- Clinical Trials
Despite these treatments being available, dependent upon individual circumstances, mesothelioma still caries a poor prognosis. Research into screening tests for early detection is ongoing to try and catch the disease earlier.
Our Specialist Mesothelioma Solicitors Are Here To Help
Our team of specialist Mesothelioma solicitors are committed to rewarding our clients with the mesothelioma compensation they deserve on a no win no fee basis. In addition to this, in mesothelioma cases, you can be sure to receive 100% of your compensation as the legal fees are taken directly from the other side. The prospect of going through a legal battle for mesothelioma compensation can seem daunting, but we aim to make it as simple as possible for you by guiding every step of the way. We make sure that our services are free for clients all the way through the process, which helps reduce stress. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch; simply call us today on 0800 088 7396 to discuss the options available to you to claim asbestos compensation. Alternatively, you can fill in our online form and let us call you back at a time which suits you.
If you feel you have been a victim to mesothelioma, why not contact us today for expert advice on whether you have a mesothelioma compensation claim.